To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to appreciate the importance of workplace safety. It is designed to develop skills in handling workplace items and safety equipment safely and effectively.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work safely in the workplace
Duration: 4 days in a classroom setting
Status: Minor component
Credit value: 15 credits
There are many learning outcomes some of which will enable the learners to:
- Identify the various work areas, hazardous equipment, protective clothing or personal protection, specific to work areas in a business using appropriate terminology
- Identify fire exits, assembly points and emergency exits in the workplace, entry and exit points, and Health and Safety signage in each workplace area
- Explain the importance of correct procedures for fire drills, accidents and emergencies
- Explain the importance of protective clothing to minimise injuries and accidents in the workplace
- Discuss a range of fire safety equipment in the workplace to include uses of various types of fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, and smoke alarms
- Discuss the legislation governing Health and Safety in all workplaces to include employers and employees responsibilities
- Explain a Health and Safety statement and its importance for the workplace
- Identify Health and safety officials in the workplace
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.