- This event has passed.
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of organisations or vocational contexts.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Learners are required to complete a minimum of 80 – 120 hours (10-15 working days) work experience in a relevant setting
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits of 120 credits towards many major awards including Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate the characteristics of the organisation or workplace, to include its status whether public, private, voluntary or other, size, organisational structure, mission and values, the workplace culture and management practices
- Assess internal and external issues, challenges and trends affecting the workplace, to include as appropriate, local, national, global, team-based and cultural issues, and a personal response to the issues or challenges identified
- Research the specific legislation and regulations relevant to the place of work and vocational context; including rights and responsibilities in relation to, health, safety and welfare at work, equality, employment and specific work and or vocational practices
- Evaluate the organisations internal and external policies and procedures ensuring appropriateness to current legislation and regulations
- Execute a range of vocationally specific tasks and activities during a work practice placement.
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.