To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in various settings.
Duration: 4 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time and complete a minimum of 80 – 120 hours (10-15 working days) work experience in a relevant setting to the award been achieved.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time that suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Compulsory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in most awards some of which include Healthcare Support 5M4339, Health Service Skills Level 5 5M3782 and Early Childhood Care & Education 5M2009
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work related issues and needs.
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in a particular work, or institutional context, to include health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and regulations relating to pay.
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills checklist, statement of learning goals, contractual arrangements.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction, meeting deadlines, personal presentation, communication, adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in the workplace, to include personal, interpersonal and technological communication skills.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience.
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.