Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in various settings.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in most awards some of which include Healthcare Support 5M4339, Health Service Skills Level 5 5M3782 and Early Childhood Care & Education 5M2009
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work related issues and needs.
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in a particular work, or institutional context, to include health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and regulations relating to pay.
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills checklist, statement of learning goals, contractual arrangements.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction, meeting deadlines, personal presentation, communication, adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in the workplace, to include personal, interpersonal and technological communication skills.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.