To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a mental healthcare setting promoting understanding and good practice in providing services to individuals with mental health difficulties.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days delivery in a classroom setting. Learners will be provided to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339.
Some of the learning outcomes include:
- Outline the main voluntary and statutory mental health services providers in the Irish Mental Health System
- Discuss the most common mental health problems, their symptoms and treatments
- Discuss Mental Health Policy and its application in a range of contexts
- Explore the biopsychosocial factors that impact on positive mental health and their use in the care of people who experience mental health problems
- Analyse the roles of a range of health care professionals in the care and recovery of an individual with mental health issues
- Assess a range of approaches to treatment in a mental healthcare setting
- Give assistance to an individual diagnosed with a mental health problem, their family and their wider community
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of a patient care plan as a member of a mental health care team
- Reflect on relationships with patients their relatives and care team members in the context of interpersonal issues that arise in mental healthcare
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.