To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the social and economic benefits of tourism and to appreciate their own role in providing tourism visitor customer care.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in the tourism industry.
Duration: 4 days (normally 1 day per week) or equivalent contact delivery days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Credit Value: 15 Credits
Some of the learning outcomes include to:
- Describe the social and economic role of tourism in Ireland
- Summarise the structures and profile of the Irish tourism and hospitality sectors
- Outline the principal markets for Irish tourism, and the different categories of tourist, their needs and expectations
- Outline the key features of Irish traditions, heritage and culture
- Explain what is meant by sustainable tourism
- Explain the role of the ¿Irish welcome¿ concept for visitors to Ireland
- Identify key elements of customer care and the impact of customer interactions on visitor perceptions
- List key components of the Irish tourism product
- Access visitor information from a range of sources
- List key attractions, leisure activities, and amenities in a local area, offering advice and recommendations where required.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.