Aim: The programme content of this programme aims to provide the learner with the appropriate knowledge, skills and aptitude to work as a leader and a team member.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work as part of a team or in a team leader role.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in various major awards including Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Research the elements and stages of team development, to include different kinds of teams, a multi-team environment, the characteristics of an effective team and the need for different roles for individuals
- Evaluate the concepts of leadership and management, different leadership and management styles and the principal theories that underpin these, to include leadership in different contexts and environments such as mentoring, coaching, project management, the learning organisation and the debate over leadership versus management
- Participate in organisational planning and in teamwork planning, to include setting specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound (SMART) objectives, ongoing monitoring of progress, and evaluation
- Distinguish between organisational strategy, objectives and goals
- Evaluate a range of current motivation theories and practical strategies to enhance motivation in teams
- Demonstrate team leadership, to include team building, supporting team members at different stages of team development, motivation strategies, interpersonal communications, time and meeting management and use of inter- and intra-team reporting structures.
Entry Requirement:Minimum of Level 5 certificate standard of education or extensive childcare experience. A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Assessment:Skills Demonstration 50% Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
Support:A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one and email support available from tutors throughout the course.
Resources:Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee:Booking Form available by email to email@example.com or online at www.barrowtraining.ie. Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
Transfer/Progression:Successful completion enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement at Level 6.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.