- This event has passed.
Aim: The module is designed to provide the learner with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to effectively supervise an early childhood education and care setting.
Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the ECCE setting
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an ECCE setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an ECCE setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality
- Select processes to motivate and support team members in achieving agreed actions
- Develop strategies for overcoming barriers to effective supervision, to include recognition of common challenges and problems when working with individuals and teams, and identification of possible resolutions
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an ECCE setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.