To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim:The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to assist in the practice of speech and language therapy.
Participant Profile:Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration:5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status:Elective Minor component
Credit Value15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the Learning outcomes include:
- Discuss ways to plan and provide support and assistance to the speech and language therapist in the implementation of therapeutic programmes
- Examine the range of communication styles and codes and theirapplication to speech and therapy practice
- Implement a range of formal communication augmentative systems
- Practice a range of understanding in the practice of rehabilitation
- Employ strategies to improve own personal development andeffectiveness to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Plan for the provision of enhanced quality care and support
- Implement a range of supportive and confidential therapeutic client programmes
- Communicate a receptiveness to both client and therapist feedback
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.