To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to apply the theory and procedures underpinning the practice of speech and language therapy.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the Learning outcomes include:
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the speech and language therapy assistant
- Analyse the influences of cognition, perception and behavioural factors on receptive and expressive communication
- Explain the process of speech and language therapy
- Investigate the need to provide supports to enhance and enable interpersonal communication
- Examine the role of the speech and language therapy assistant in safe management of eating and drinking disorders
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in speech and language therapy
- Reflect on personal effectiveness group dynamics and group processes in therapy
- Adapt information to assist the speech and language therapist in the preparation and implementation of therapeutic programmes.
Entry Requirement: Minimum of Level 4 certificate standard of education. Strong interest or working in providing quality care in a healthcare setting. A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Assessment:Assignment 40% Examination 60%
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
Tutor Profile: All tutors are highly qualified and experienced healthcare experts.
Support: A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one and email support available from tutors throughout the course.
Resources: Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee: Booking Form available by email to email@example.com or online at www.barrowtraining.ie . Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
Transfer/Progression: Successful completion enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement at Level 5 & 6.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.