Aim: The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with the knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a Special Needs Assistant when working with clients in a special needs setting and to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs assisting capacity
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation
- Assess the various educational options available in Ireland for people with special educational needs
- Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation
- Explore the differences between integration and inclusion
- Organise learning opportunities in order to promote independence and responsibilityEvaluate the importance of the multidisciplinary team in devising Individual Education Plans
- Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum
- Assess interventions and behaviour management techniques that may be used in the learning environment
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.