- This event has passed.
Aim: The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with the knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a Special Needs Assistant when working with clients in a special needs setting and to enable the learner to work effectively under direction in a special needs assisting capacity
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation
- Assess the various educational options available in Ireland for people with special educational needs
- Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation
- Explore the differences between integration and inclusion
- Organise learning opportunities in order to promote independence and responsibilityEvaluate the importance of the multidisciplinary team in devising Individual Education Plans
- Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum
- Assess interventions and behaviour management techniques that may be used in the learning environment
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.