Aim: This programme is aimed at learners who wish or are required to build their knowledge and support skills to enable a much more effective and inclusive service to be offered to children in early years environments with special developments and educational requirements.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Explore in the role and responsibilities of the Special Needs Assistant
- Examine the qualities and skills of an effective Special Needs Assistant
- Examine relevant legislation in relation to disability
- Explore the rights of children with disabilities in relation to personal autonomy, participation and decision making
- Relate effectively and appropriately to children who present with additional needs
- use care routines in feeding, toileting and general hygiene
- Maintain appropriate relationships with children parents, primary carers, teachers and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Work effectively with children who present with disabilities under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Assist children with disabilities in a range of activities, ensuring quality of opportunity through working in a safe and professional manner
- Reflect on personal practice working with children, their parents or guardians and colleagues ensuring that their individuality is promoted
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.