Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to implement and evaluate school age child care programmes.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Outline the elements of an effective school age child care programme
- Explain the importance of developing programme plans that are inclusive of children and young people
- Discuss strategies to ensure that a strong focus on play/recreation remains a core principle and a distinguishing characteristic of school age child care settings
- Identify aspects of provision for enrichment/homework within a multi-age setting
- Evaluate environments, equipment and resources to suit stages of development and ages
- Use strategies for involving all service users in the planning, implementing and evaluation of the programme
- Evaluate a range of environments (indoor and outdoor) suitable for a school age child care setting
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.