- This event has passed.
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to design safety and risk management strategies, supervise implementation and to evaluate workplace safety policies.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in safety management.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting
Status: Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits
There are many learning outcomes some of which will enable the learners to:
- Evaluate the influence of a range of factors in the creation of a safe workplace environment, including work practices, safety policies, work culture, working environment, training and human factors
- Appraise current health and safety legislation in relation to the role and key responsibilities of stakeholders, at all levels of an organisation
- Explain the legal responsibilities of stakeholders in relation to duty of care, tort of negligence, provision of resources, health surveillance and safety statements
- Evaluate the key characteristics of a safety statement
- Evaluate the key principles of risk management
- Assess the positive benefits of a workplace safety culture
- Evaluate the use of a range of risk controls to include reduction, referral, removal and retention
- Appraise the key principles of ergonomics
- Design an induction training programme in relation to safety awareness at work
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.