Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to promote and maintain safety and health in a work environment
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a professional setting.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in various disciplines some of which include Healthcare Support 5M4339 & Early Childhood Care & Education 5M2009.
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Analyse the duties of employers and employees as specified in current Safety, Health and Welfare at work legislation
- Explore the role of communication and training in the promotion and provision of health and safety in the workplace
- Explain the causes, prevention, emergency procedures, reporting and recording of accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Analyse the causes and prevention of fire related events to include identification of emergency procedures, the fire triangle and fire equipment
- Comment on specific hazards and risks when working with equipment to include mechanical and electrical equipment
- Examine the control and associated risks of a range of health and safety issues to include noise, fumes, dust or any vocationally specific work issue
- Examine a range of issues related to infection control to include conditions for the growth and development of micro-organisms, routes of infection, symptoms, ill-health, preventative measures and emergency procedures for suspected contamination
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.