The HSE has established a social care division which is responsible for providing care to vulnerable adults, children and persons with disabilities.
This workshop content is delivered in line with these HSE Guidelines and HIQA Standard 8.
Please note this workshop can be complete in a 1 day classroom setting also.
A consistent approach is required to ensure all vulnerable children & adults are protected from abuse.
This workshop content is based on HSE recognising and responding to Safeguarding Vulnerable children in Residential Care Settings and Community Based Settings.
All organisations working with children, older persons and persons with disabilities must be aware of these guidelines.
Approved: This course is An Bord Altranais (ABA) Approved
- Definitions of a Vulnerable Person
- Definitions of Abuse and Self Neglect
- Types of Abuse
- Who may Abuse
- Accidents, incidents and near misses
- Special Considerations
- Building Blocks for Safeguarding
- Risk Management
- Risk Factors
- Organisation Policies and Procedures
- Barriers for Vulnerable People
- Safeguarding and Protection team
- Data Protection and information and records
- Non Engagement
- Restriction of Capacity
- Managing disclosure
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.