Aim: This training is based on “Guidance to Nurses and Midwives on Medication Management July 2007, An Bord Altranais” and Medication Management Templates, policies, procedures and guidelines “Standards for Practice in Residential Care” (NHI, HSE & Boots Care Service).
Participant Profile: Ideal for anyone who is administering medication to clients.
3 delivery options;
1 day training – no competency assessment
1 day refresher – with competency assessment
Certificates of attendance issued for both options.
2 days training with competency;
Competency consists of;
✓ knowledge assessment (exam) and
✓ competency assessment (Skills Demonstration)
Diploma of Competency issued for this training.
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Credit Value: This course is An Bord Altranais (ABA) Approved
Learners will cover the following:
- Safe Administration of medication and prescription writing
- Administration of PRN medication
- Double-checking of medication
- Transcription of prescriptions
- Covert administration of medication
- Refusal and withholding medication
- Self-administration of medication
- Pain management
- Ordering and storage
- Supply and possession of MDA 2 & 3 drugs
- Medication error and adverse drug event reporting
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.