To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the concepts, principles and values of recovery in mental health and to enable the learner to develop key skills necessary to work more effectively with mental health service users.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a care setting.
Duration: 5 days delivery in a classroom setting. Learners will be provided to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339.
At the end of the course the learner will be able to:
- Examine the role of mental health workers in supporting the service user with a mental health difficulty in the recovery process
- Discuss helpful and holistic factors for recovery to include internal and external factors associated with recovery such as hope and optimism
- Explore the range of methods people use to maintain positive mental health
- Work effectively with service users to help them achieve a lifestyle consistent with their hopes and aspirations
- Practice skills of empathy, listening and understanding in supporting persons in recovery
- Apply a holistic understanding of people with mental health difficulties outlining their unique and individual needs
- Use verbal and non-verbal communication to assist persons living with mental health issues
- Work independently and as part of a healthcare team to respond appropriately to the needs of persons in recovery and living with mental health issues.
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.