To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and ethics underpinning the role of a professional coach to enable the learner to operate independently to high professional and ethical standards as a coach within a life or workplace coaching context.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in your qualified area.
Duration: 6 days (1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Evaluate key professional standards for the coaching profession to include membership of professional associations, adherence to ethical guidelines and participation in supervision and continuous professional development
- Demonstrate a knowledge of ethical guidelines for the coaching profession to include laws and regulations that relate to the coaching profession
- Outline the characteristics of a contract to include how coach and client work together, confidentiality, practical arrangements and responsibilities
- Describe a range of contractual relationships to include individual, team, group coaching and multi-handed contracts
- Analyse the differences between coaching, psychotherapy, mentoring, consulting and other support professions and their role in personal and or workplace development
- Evaluate when a coaching client should be referred to another coaching professional or for mentoring, counselling or psychotherapy
- Display adherence to a high standard of ethical and professional practice throughout the coaching process
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.