To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the Learning outcomes include:
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.