To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively and offer support to a physiotherapist in a clinical environment.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the Learning outcomes include:
- Summarise the roles and responsibilities of a physiotherapy assistant and of a chartered physiotherapist
- Explain the role of important anatomical systems
- Apply knowledge gained to recognise a range of common medical conditions
- Practice the skills required to support the client in all aspects of the physiotherapy intervention
- Identify the skills required to support therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Practice therapeutic handling in a range of physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on relationships with client relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in physiotherapy interventions
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a physiotherapy assistant to include own strengths and weakness
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.