With the aid of our life sized Nursing Skills Manikin, KERI, participants will gain hands on practical experience of how to care for an individual with a PEG tube.
This course is also available to undertake through distance learning with a visit to our training center for competency assessment.
Learners should gain an understanding of:
- The functions of PEG feeding.
- The indicators for the use of PEG feeding.
- The skills required for care of individuals using PEG feeding.
- The associated dangers of PEG feeding.
- HIQA’a Guidance on Intimate Care.
- Your role in relation to Infection Prevention and Control
- What is a PEG tube?
- Why is it used?
- Equipment and Placement of PEG tubes.
- Care and Management of persons with PEG tube.
- Administration of medications, fluid and food via PEG tube.
- Associated risk and management of emergencies
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.