With the aid of our life sized Nursing Skills Manikin, KERI, participants will gain hands on practical experience of how to care for an individual with a PEG tube.
This course is also available to undertake through distance learning with a visit to our training center for competency assessment.
Learners should gain an understanding of:
- The functions of PEG feeding.
- The indicators for the use of PEG feeding.
- The skills required for care of individuals using PEG feeding.
- The associated dangers of PEG feeding.
- HIQA’a Guidance on Intimate Care.
- Your role in relation to Infection Prevention and Control
- What is a PEG tube?
- Why is it used?
- Equipment and Placement of PEG tubes.
- Care and Management of persons with PEG tube.
- Administration of medications, fluid and food via PEG tube.
- Associated risk and management of emergencies
You do not have to complete the online course in one sitting and you can also break it into small chunks if you wish. Should you have to leave the course unexpectedly, it will remember where you were the last time you left it. How long it takes you to complete the online course in Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy Tube (PEG) Training really depends on you but 3 – 4 hours is a good guideline.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.