Participant Profile: This training is suitable for anyone administering oxygen to clients. It is designed to enhance the skills of Healthcare professionals by teaching then the skills necessary to set up and deliver oxygen.
Learners receive a Barrow Training resource handbook and Certificate of Competency which is valid for 2 years.
This course can be delivered in house and tailored to suit your specific needs and training requirements.
- Explain the body’s normal mechanism for processing oxygen.
- Describe conditions for which supplemental oxygen is used.
- Recognise the different types of delivery system for oxygen therapy.
- Explain safety considerations for the use of oxygen.
- Care for equipment.
- Comply with an Organisation’s Practice Guidelines on Oxygen Therapy.
- Discuss the importance of Assessment, Observations, Planning and Recording.
It is very important that accurate records for medication management are recorded. These records must be complete, up to date, legible, dated and signed by relevant staff member. A current up to date list of the medications prescribed for each service user may also be required. Oxygen is a prescribed medication.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.