To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Participant Profile: This training is suitable for anyone administering oxygen to clients and where suctioning is a requirement. It is designed to enhance the skills of Healthcare professionals by teaching then the skills necessary to set up and administer oxygen . It will also help staff members to feel confident and prepared to a certain standard for possible incidents that may occur within the future.
Learners receive a Barrow Training resource handbook and Certificate of Competency which is valid for 2 years.
This course can be delivered in house and tailored to suit your specific needs and training requirements.
- Explain the body’s normal mechanism for processing oxygen.
- Describe conditions for which supplemental oxygen is used.
- Recognise the different types of delivery system for oxygen therapy.
- Explain safety considerations for the use of oxygen.
- Care for equipment.
- Comply with an Organisation’s Practice Guidelines on Oxygen Therapy.
- Discuss the importance of Assessment, Observations, Planning and Recording.
- Understand the aim of nebulizer therapy.
- Understand how inhalers and nebulizers work.
- Understand Asthma and its treatment
- Describe conditions for which nebulizer therapy is used.
- Recognise the different types of delivery systems for nebuliser therapy
- Strategies for coping with breathlessness
- Care for equipment
It is very important that accurate records for medication management are recorded. These records must be complete, up to date, legible, dated and signed by relevant staff member. A current up to date list of the medications prescribed for each service user may also be required. Oxygen is a prescribed medication.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.