- This event has passed.
To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Louise Lacey is a Complementary Therapist, Paediatric Massage Therapist and Infant Massage Instructor. She has been delivering massage therapy to adults and specialised Massage for Special Healthcare needs, including Autism, Down syndrome, and Cerebral Palsy etc since 2014. She has a Diploma in Holistic massage, Supervision in Childcare QQI level 6 and a Special Purpose award in Training and Development.
Aims: To assist the learner in developing the knowledge and skill base to enable them to capably demonstrate the tools required in order to give children the opportunity to:
- Learn the important skill of conscious relaxation
- Have dedicated “calm time”
- Increase their alertness & concentration
- Develop their imaginations, learn new concepts, & increase their vocabulary.
- Show empathy & respect for their friends and to recognise appropriate, positive, and kind touch using their “helping hands.”
- Learn a new, fun, exciting way to tell stories using positive touch
- Increase their self-confidence & self-esteem
Participant Profile: This workshop is suitable for Early Years Educators to use within their Early Years Settings, After School Clubs and Camps
By the end of the workshop the learner will:
- Know the benefits & guidelines for safe use of massage stories
- Be able to identify & use the appropriate massage strokes
- Be able to adapt nursery rhymes, songs and stories the children enjoy normally into massage stories
- Be able to prepare massage stories of their own depending on the theme of the week etc.
- Have built up a bank of vocabulary split in to objects, actions, and emotions for which the strokes learned can be used.
- Learn how massage stories can relate in some ways to the 4 principals of Aistear.
- Be able to confidently demonstrate massage stories for children and encourage them to join in if they wish to
- Be confident in their knowledge of what massage stories are and how they can use them to increase the children’s imagination, knowledge, and empathy
- Be able to arrange the children’s positioning, taking into account their age, ability, and personality, to ensure their comfort AND to ensure that each willing participant has the opportunity to both give and receive massage stories.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.