To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the
knowledge, skill and competence in the theory, principles and practice underpinning the nursing process and nursing profession to enable the learner to perform a range of basic nursing skills.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component Healthcare Support Level 5
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the learning outcomes include:
- Examine the development of nursing as a profession
- Explore the functions of the health care structures and specialties in Ireland and the effects of European Union directives on nursing
- Describe the stages of the nursing process and how they relate to patient care
- Outline the Code of Practice for nurses
- Identify the activities of daily living and how to assist a patient in these activities
- Explain commonly nursing terminology and medical abbreviations
- Identify the members of primary, secondary and tertiary health care teams and their functions
- Explain the importance of precision in administering drugs and recording the procedure
- Describe empathic behaviour of the care worker
- Practice safe lifting techniques
- Execute the measurement and accurate recording of temperature, respiration, blood pressure and fluid
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.