To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: Non Violent personal safety and de-escalation training teaches employees early intervention and non-physical methods for preventing or managing challenging behaviour. The training also addresses how employees deal with their own stress, anxieties and emotions when confronted with such behaviour.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for healthcare and childcare workers
Duration: 1 full day training in a classroom setting.
Approved: This course is An Bord Altranais (ABA) Approved
Learners will cover the following:
- Legislation and development of policies in relation to managing workplace violence and aggression
- Understanding the process that contributes to the development of a crisis.
- Recognising and assessing an escalation in behaviour.
- Risk assessment of the individual and the environment.
- Staff communication- verbal/ non-verbal/ para-verbal and exploring the effects of our non-verbal behaviour.
- Responding to verbal aggression, techniques to de-escalate behaviour, personal and professional impact of violence and aggression. Tips and techniques for ensuring professionalism.
- Exploring the reasons for behaviours- precipitating factors.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.