To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: This one-day Media Skills Training Course is designed for anyone whose role includes speaking to the press and presenting their organisation to the wider world directly via the media
Duration: 1 day in a classroom setting
Whether you work as a Press Officer, a Communications Managers/Directors or anyone tasked with giving interviews to the press, this course will equip you with the necessary skills to effectively handle the media.
Training can be tailored to suit your specific needs and requirements
Content will include:
To understand the demands of different media
- Practice being interviewed face to face
- On camera and the dreaded down the line
- Understanding how to get your message across
- Doing more than just answering the questions
- Interviewing with passion and speaking with clarity
- How to deal with nerves – everyone has them
- Deal with difficult questions and hostile interviews
- How to prepare
- What to ask before hand and understand your rights
- How to write a press release
- Tailoring for different media
- Crisis Management
A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Each learner will receive a Barrow Training Certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
All tutors are highly qualified professionals.
A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one and email support available from tutors.
Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee:
Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.barrowtraining.ie. Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.