Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to understand the principles and practical importance of moving, handling objects and lifting people.
- Be able to define Manual handling/ people handling
- Understand the legal aspects of Manual handling & People Handling
- Understand the principles of ergonomics and work place assessment
- Understand the principles of moving and handling
- Understand the basic structure and function of the spine
- Be aware of how the spine can be injured
- Be able to complete risk assessments
- Understand the importance of fitness and flexibility
- Demonstrate the principles of moving and handling
- All participants will be assessed in moving and handling policy
- Participants will be assessed in practical moving and handling tasks
- Lifting a load from the floor/bench/height
- Team Lift
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.