Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to understand the principles and practical importance of moving, handling objects and lifting people.
- Be able to define Manual handling/ people handling
- Understand the legal aspects of Manual handling & People Handling
- Understand the principles of ergonomics and work place assessment
- Understand the principles of moving and handling
- Understand the basic structure and function of the spine
- Be aware of how the spine can be injured
- Be able to complete risk assessments
- Understand the importance of fitness and flexibility
- Demonstrate the principles of moving and handling
- All participants will be assessed in moving and handling policy
- Participants will be assessed in practical moving and handling tasks
- Lifting a load from the floor/bench/height
- Team Lift
Entry Requirement: A strong level of spoken English required.
Assessment: Each participant will be taught, practice and demonstrate manual and people handling actions.
Tutor Profile: All tutors are highly qualified Manual and People Handling Instructors.
Support: A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one support available from tutor throughout the course.
Resources: Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee: Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refresher: Successful learners must complete a manual and people handling refresher within 3 years in order to maintain their Manual and People Handling certificate.