To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this training is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills to understand the principles and practical importance of moving and handling objects.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to be competent in manual handling.
Duration: 1/2 day in a classroom or 2 – 3 hours online
Expiry: 3 years
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Be able to define Manual handling
- Understand the legal aspects of Manual handling
- Understand the principles of ergonomics and work place assessment
- Understand the principles of moving and handling
- Understand the basic structure and function of the spine
- Be aware of how the spine can be injured
- Be able to complete risk assessments
- Understand the importance of fitness and flexibility
- Demonstrate the principles of moving and handling
Each learner will receive a Barrow Training certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
A strong level of spoken English required.
Each participant will be taught, practice and demonstrate manual handling actions:
All tutors are highly qualified Manual Handling Instructors.
A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one support available from tutor throughout the course.
Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee:
Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.barrowtraining.ie. Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
Successful learners must complete a manual handling refresher within 3 years in order to maintain their Manual Handling certificate.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.