Aim: To equip the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills to understand the principles and practical importance of moving and handling objects.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to be competent in manual handling.
Duration: Four days in a classroom setting
Expiry: 3 years
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Be able to define Manual handling
- Understand the legal aspects of Manual handling
- Understand the principles of ergonomics and work place assessment
- Understand the principles of moving and handling
- Understand the basic structure and function of the spine
- Be aware of how the spine can be injured
- Be able to complete risk assessments
- Understand the importance of fitness and flexibility
- Demonstrate the principles of moving and handling
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.