Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in laundry skills to promote good work practice and a commitment to quality customer service whilst working under supervision in the laundry department of a range of environments.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Learning outcomes include:
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of a laundry worker in a range of environments to include hospitals, nursing homes, hotels and other service environments and Institutions
- Summarise the key principles of hygienic and safe work practices
- Examine the basic principles of infection control
- Employ the basic principles of fire prevention and selection of the correct firefighting equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of fabric care and construction and the safe storage and disposal of laundry chemicals
- Implement the safety precautions necessary to operate laundry
- Machinery and the methods of cleaning the machinery
- Contribute to working harmoniously and effectively as a member of a team
- Use resources to demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and the practice of good customer care.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.