To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use applications in information technology. It is designed to develop skills in data entry, word processing, and using the internet.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills in Information Technology
Duration: 4 days in a classroom setting
Status: Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits
There are many learning outcomes some of which will enable the learners to:
- Explain a range of information technology concepts and terminology to include computer, computer hardware components, system and application software, input devices, output devices, data storage devices, bytes, files, folder/directory, drives, memory, LAN, WAN, and the internet
- Describe the impact of information technology on personal life and working or community life
- Manage files, folders or directories using a range of common file management features to include create, rename, delete, copy, move, locate and save to range of drives
- Use a data entry application to enter data using text, alphanumeric and special characters to a minimum speed of 15 words per minute
- Access a word processing package to open a file, enter and edit text by inserting and deleting characters, words, sentences and paragraphs
- Format text using a range of format tools to include joining and splitting, line spacing, indentation, justifying and alignment.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.