To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: Infection control training increases employee’s awareness of how to prevent and control infection. The training also addresses the National Guidelines on infection and hygiene.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component Healthcare Support Level 5
Compulsory Minor component Health Service Skills Level 5
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Explain the basic principles of infection and the application of standard precautions in relation to infection control, to include the significance of an Area of Infection Control
- Summarise the various types of microorganisms, the elements required for the growth, spread and subsequent infection process, knowledge of the chain of infection and the need for vigilance and safe practice at all times
- Discuss the role and functions of the local infection control team members, to include local policy in relation to dress, staff health and travel associated infections
- Examine the role of antibiotics and the importance of correct and safe antibiotic use to avoid antibiotic resistance
- Implement the local terminal cleaning procedure in a range of settings, such as an isolation room, single use items and outbreak management
- Apply appropriate management of blood and body fluid spillages, to include policies for dealing with clean and soiled linen, the disposal of sharps and the correct management following inoculation, injury or accidental exposure to blood and body fluids.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.