Infection control training increases employee’s awareness of how to prevent and control infection. The training also addresses the National Guidelines on infection and hygiene.
Upon completion the learner will:
- Understand what the area of infection control means and its importance for every member of the healthcare team
- Have a better understanding of the basic principles of infection control and be able to apply standard precautions in relation to infection control
- Be aware of the importance of infection prevention and control in providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Be aware of healthcare associated infection
- Understand their role in the prevention of the spread of infection
- Know and understand the National Guidance on Guidelines on Infection Prevention and Control and WHO Guidelines on Hand Hygiene
End of Life
The purpose of this training is to equip the learner with the skills required to apply a person-centred approach to caring and supporting clients once diagnosed with a life threating condition and when death is imminent. This includes responding appropriately to the needs of a dying person while promoting safety, dignity, respect & comfort. A review of the structure and organisation of Palliative care and Hospice care services to include the role played by the multi-disciplinary team & also to learn how to adapt a supportive system to help clients to live as actively as possible until death.This training is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to understand and aid a client who may suffer from epileptic seizures. This course is also available to undertake through distance learning with a visit to our training center for competency assessment.
- An Introduction into End of Life Care
- Definition & Structure of Palliative Care
- Review of Hospice Care in Ireland
- Communication & Dying
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.