To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out care duties under supervision in a public or private healthcare setting.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a social care/healthcare setting.
Duration: days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: Relevant 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the learning outcomes include:
- Describe the different type of care settings and the role of the carer
- Explain how the principal carer’s role interacts with the other professionals who work in the care setting
- Outline the range of safety measures that should be taken when caring for a client including what to do in the case of a medical emergency
- Describe the purpose of the various equipment used to assist in the care setting
- Outline the importance of exercise and a healthy and balanced diet across the human life cycle to include the link between exercise and a healthy mind and body
- Explain the role of protein, fats and carbohydrates, mineral, vitamins and water in the body
- Describe the importance of special diets for specific health related conditions
- Explain the different forms communication takes including verbal and non-verbal communication
- Describe a number of common impairments that cause communication difficulties
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.