To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to analyse and apply basic cleaning techniques and good practice within the cleaning services area in the health services.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Health Service Skills 5M3782
Some of the learning outcomes include:
- Analyse the importance of good hygiene standards and practices in the control and prevention of infection to include personal and environmental hygiene and the conditions that contribute to the growth of bacteria
- Summarise the basic principles of cleaning, to include the standards and requirements for promoting health, safety and security and the planning of cleaning schedules and procedures that prevent cross contamination and risk to patients and staff
- Discuss the key principles of the colour coding system to include its importance in the prevention of accidents and control of infection
- Explore a range of common infections that occur in a health services environment
- Implement safety policies and procedures in dealing with contaminated materials to include used linen, blood and body spillages, waste matter and pest control
- Discuss the effects of exposure to a variety of hazardous substances in a healthcare setting
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.