To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to address the needs of older people in the healthcare system
Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
6 days or equivalent contact delivery days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Approved: This course is An Bord Altranais (ABA) Approved
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Evaluate a range of common age related psychological changes and their effect on the ageing client
- Assess personal and societal attitudes towards the older person to include issues of stereotyping, perpetuation of attitudes and personal bias
- Assess the importance of cultivating loving relationships throughout life to provide emotional supports to include the ability to address ageing, death and dying
- Evaluate how services in long term care establishments can assist clients and their families to cope with issues of integration and change
- Examine the issues associated with an ageing society to include economics, governmental policy, housing, healthcare and aids to successful ageing
- dentify a range of entitlements available to older citizens in Ireland to include legal entitlements, professional and governmental services and community and national organisations that provide help for older people
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.