Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the regulations and practices that underpin food safety and the principles and practices underpinning the implementation of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a food health and safety setting.
Duration: 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Credit Value: 15 Credits
At the end of the course the learner will be able to:
- Define a range of terms associated with food safety and hygiene to include food hazard, risk, food spoilage and food poisoning
- Explain the requirements of current legislation that regulates the hygienic production of safe food
- Outline the seven principles of HACCP and the role of pre requisite activities in HACCP
- Distinguish between physical, chemical and biological hazards, identifying common types, causes and methods of preventing each
- Outline the duties and responsibilities of a HACCP team and the resources available to help the team
- Explain the importance of documentation and records in quality management and the documentation required for procedures, records and notices
- Develop staff training plans for HACCP implementation and for food quality requirements
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.