Aim: The overall aim is to support professional learners studying with us to understand and manage the requirements of equality & diversity in the context of early years education and particularly, in working with families and implementing it as a theme integral with their Siolta implementation.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Critically reflect on equality and diversity concepts as relevant to National and International contexts
- Evaluate the approaches to diversity education in relation to meeting standards and best practice guidelines
- Explain in detail equality and diversity terminology and associated concepts to include stereotypes, asylum seekers, refugees etc
- Critically evaluate current equality legislation
- Evaluate research pertaining to children’s and practitioners’ awareness, thinking and behaviour in relation to equality and diversity
- Proof an ECCE curriculum which supports the children’s goals of the anti-bias approach in line with best practice guidelines
- Identify barriers to play, learning and participation from an equality and diversity perspective
- Devise mechanisms for reducing discriminatory attitudes and practices and institutional barriers
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.