Aim: The overall aim is to support professional learners studying with us to understand and manage the requirements of equality & diversity in the context of early years education and particularly, in working with families and implementing it as a theme integral with their Siolta implementation.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Critically reflect on equality and diversity concepts as relevant to National and International contexts
- Evaluate the approaches to diversity education in relation to meeting standards and best practice guidelines
- Explain in detail equality and diversity terminology and associated concepts to include stereotypes, asylum seekers, refugees etc
- Critically evaluate current equality legislation
- Evaluate research pertaining to children’s and practitioners’ awareness, thinking and behaviour in relation to equality and diversity
- Proof an ECCE curriculum which supports the children’s goals of the anti-bias approach in line with best practice guidelines
- Identify barriers to play, learning and participation from an equality and diversity perspective
- Devise mechanisms for reducing discriminatory attitudes and practices and institutional barriers
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.