To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles of employment law and the statutory frameworks which regulate the employment relationship.
Participant Profile: The Employment Law component offered will provide to individuals exploring a career within a management/ supervisory role.
Duration: 6 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status:Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Management 6M4587
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Demonstrate a specialised knowledge of employment law principles and provisions and of the Irish legal system and the influence of European law on Irish employment law
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to the contract of employment within the context of well-defined scenarios for a range of employee categories to include terms and conditions, pay and pension, termination, dismissal, leave, duties
- Evaluate the role of employment legislation and institutions in combatting discrimination and harassment to promote equality in the workplace
- Investigate the legislative framework of health, safety and welfare at work regulations with which employers and employees are legally obliged to comply
- Evaluate the role and function of labour relations institutions and trade unions and the legal procedures of redress which apply under employment law
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.