Aim: To enable learners to identify the key principles of developing, maintaining and enhancing the optimum environment in which young children will grow and learn.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Identify the range and nature of environmental influences that impact on the holistic development of children
- Consider the relevance of theoretical and conceptual perspectives in explaining the influence of the learning environment and children’s holistic development
- Evaluate the role of movement in children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development
- Prepare learning opportunities for children in order to develop independence and responsibility
- Provide opportunities for children to develop their logical thinking, concept formation and creativity
- Prepare and maintain an environment where children’s senses are developed and stimulated
- Select and apply appropriate routines that help children to feel valued, respected, empowered, cared for and included
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.