Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that each child’s learning, development and well-being is facilitated through the provision of opportunities and experiences having regard to the age and stage of development of the child.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Outline the types, stages patterns and purposes of children’s play
- Describe a range of theories of play in the context of children’s education to include Psychoanalytic theories (Freud, Winnicott) and Constructivist theories (Piaget, Vygotsky)
- Evaluate the role of the adult in children’s play
- Explore a child lead approach to meeting the play and educational requirements of children
- Describe different approaches to curriculum development and implementation in the ECCE setting
- Assess the value of equipment, materials, play spaces, both indoors and outdoors in the ECCE setting
- Use a range of reading and storytelling techniques appropriate to different stages of children’s development and cultural background
- Select relevant play activities and materials appropriate to children’s interest and stage of development and cultural background
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.