- This event has passed.
Aim: The aim of this module is to equip the learner with an overview of early childhood education and the skills required to develop and implement a curriculum in the early years setting.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Distance Learning – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Critically reflect on the contributions of a range of early childhood educational theorists to pedagogical practice
- Assess a range of early childhood programme models and approaches and their implementation
Evaluate the role of the adult in supporting children’s learning and development
- Select from a range of strategies to facilitate assessment for learning
- Promote learning contexts which support children’s well-being, identities and belonging consistent with relevant legislation and national practice guidelines
- Lead curriculum implementation in a variety of situations both indoor and outdoor
- Evaluate personal and professional learning and that of others linking curriculum theory to practice and assessment
- Reflect on own attitudes, values and beliefs and their impact on the learning environment.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.