Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in Early Childhood Care and Education Practice to enable the learner to work under direction with children, their families and colleagues within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE).
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Explain the historical development of the ECCE sector in Ireland
- Outline relevant legislation, policies, practices and procedures pertaining to ECCE provision
- Explain the importance of self-awareness and effective interpersonal skills in an ECCE setting
- Explain the rights of the child in the context of an ECCE setting
- Communicate effectively with children, families and colleagues
- Implement practices and activities to promote equality and value diversity in an ECCE setting
- Implement administration and operational procedures in an ECCE setting to include daily logs, routines and record keeping
- Participate effectively in team work in an ECCE setting
- Implement care and education routines with children in the ECCE setting
- Maintain a quality ECCE environment that complies with relevant regulations and standards
Minimum of Level 4 certificate standard of education or childcare experience. A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Assessment: Assignments 60% Learner Record 40%. Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
Tutor Profile: All tutors are highly qualified and experienced Childcare experts.
Support: A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one and email support available from tutors throughout the course.
Resources: Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee: Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.barrowtraining.ie . Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
Transfer/Progression: Successful completion enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement at Level 5 or 6.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.