To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this training is to provide learners with a good understanding of diabetes, its complications, management and dietary treatment options.
Course is suitable for healthcare and childcare workers
1/2 day training in a classroom setting
Learners will cover the following:
- Understand what diabetes is and its aetiology.
- Be aware of the possible complications of diabetes and how to manage/prevent complications.
- Understand the basis of healthy eating and the food pyramid.
- Increase awareness, skills, knowledge of carbohydrate foods and their resultant effects on blood sugars.
- Be able to devise suitable breakfast, lunch, evening meal and snack option
Entry Requirement:Strong interest or working in providing quality care in a healthcare or childcare setting. A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Tutor Profile:All tutors are highly qualified and experienced Healthcare experts.
Support:A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one support is available from tutors on the course.
Resources:Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
Booking Process & Fee:Booking Form available by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.barrowtraining.ie . Discounts available if the course is booked and paid in full online.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.