Aim: Challenging Behaviour training aims to increase the knowledge of the care giver in the understanding of underlying causes of behaviours which are challenging, along with early intervention and non-physical methods for preventing or managing challenging behaviour. This ABA approved training also addresses how to recognize triggers of challenging behavior and the importance of self-care for the carer.
This workshop can be complete online or in a classroom over 1 day.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for healthcare and childcare workers.
Learners will cover the following:
- What is challenging behaviour?
- Causes of challenging behaviour
- Factors that contribute to challenging behaviour
- Communication and challenging behaviour
- Strategies for managing challenging behaviour
- Documentation and challenging behaviour
- How to avoid physical injury
- Use and misuse of restraints
- How to identify how to manage a situation and prevent it from escalating into aggression
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.