To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to working with individuals with special educational needs while emphasising the importance of creative studies from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate the benefits of creative arts to the individual child across all domains of development
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of creative arts
- Formulate programmes to introduce creative arts to individuals with special educational needs
- Organise a comprehensive range of creative activities to aid the development of the individual with special educational needs
- Assess intervention strategies appropriate to the individual’s needs
- Manage meaningful activities that are suited to people’s needs and connect with their experiences and interests in the learning environment
- Organise a variety of detailed observations of the individual with special educational needs to inform future practice
- Evaluate own attitudes, values, beliefs and assumptions in relation to working with individuals with special educational needs through the medium of creative arts
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.