To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand and resolve situations of conflict that arise in personal, social and work life, in a work environment operating independently while under general direction.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a professional setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
1. Analyse the existence of conflict in everyday personal and work life, to include reasons for conflict arising, signs and cues of conflict escalating and the distinction between conflict and violence.
2. Summarise different ways of perceiving conflict, to include positive dimensions of conflict and the importance of self-esteem and personal growth in facilitating conflict resolution.
3. Explore different approaches to conflict resolution, to include – mediation, arbitration, negotiation, avoidance, compromise, litigation, legislation and the consequences of unresolved conflicts for individuals and organisations.
4. Communicate clearly with others in social and work-related situations where conflict may arise, to include – use of active listening skills, an ability to ask non-accusatory questions, and appropriate use of ‘you’ and ‘I’ statements.
5. Use language to de-escalate conflict, to include – paraphrasing demands and statements, reframing inflammatory and aggressive statements, making observations without interpretation.
6. Distinguish between requests, demands, interests and points-of-view.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.