- This event has passed.
To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to use a range of communication skills in familiar social and work or public contexts in one-to-one or in a small group.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills in communicating.
Duration: 4 days in a classroom setting
Status: Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits
The Learning Outcomes are grouped into the following units:
- Reading: Outline a limited range of reading techniques to include scanning, skimming
- Read a limited range of different texts, including work-related, personal and social or community life material, for a variety of purposes, to include identification of bias, genre, key features, learning context, entertainment
- Writing :Use drafting, proof reading, spelling and sentence structure that is fit for purpose to include simple instructions, personal and formal correspondence
- Write to support learning to include note and message taking, expressive writing, and learning aids such as learning journal or mind-maps
- Interpersonal Communications
- Interpret common signs, symbols and non-verbal messages to include traffic and road signs, hazard signs, care labels
- Identify the principal factors affecting everyday interpersonal communication, to include effective listening and speaking, body language, social, physical, relational, mood/state of mind
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.